Powered by Blogger.

To a Bright Future

Like many others, I've had college fore in my thoughts lately. Now that we're actually starting to hear back from certain places, I've reached a few conclusions and since this is my blog, I thought I'd share them here.


For a long time, I saw college as a stepping stone to something else - a springboard to my future. However, I've recently begun to recognize that college is a step in life, in and of itself. It's four entire years of my life. Rather than choose the college I go to for a certain program that will be beneficial to a future career or salary, I'm going to choose where I go based on if it's somewhere I'd like to spend the next few years of my life. 

Pensive Face - Julio González
Many of you have probably already reached this conclusion for yourselves, but for me, this is a completely new train of thought. I think what made high school less than enjoyable for me at times, was that I saw it too much as a platform to college rather than as a unique period of my life that I'll never experience again. Of the choices I'm currently faced with, I've decided to favor the college that I think I'll have a better time at, rather than the one that'll guarantee me that future career that to be honest, I don't even really know is the one I want.

To a Bright Future

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP