Powered by Blogger.

Reader Response

It's never occurred to me to have a Reader Response, but I received a comment today that was phrased in such a way that I couldn't help but want to respond. Upon making the decision to answer his / her comment, I've decided to incorporate this feature into my bloggage. From now on, I'll be doing a Reader Response once or twice a week, so be sure to leave a response for me to respond to :]

Without further ado, today's comment:

Anonymous said...
One question: What if the school you know you will have a better time at is extremely expensive, while the other school that will also get you where you need to be is extremely cheap (say you got a full ride)? Does this change things? I know it's hypothetical but you will probably have to make this choice (just as I have). 
Hi Anonymous!


Just for you, I'm going to be open about my options. As of now, I've gotten into Georgetown (McDonough), NYU (Stern), and Rutgers. I've also been waitlisted at Washington University (Olin). At this point, it should probably be relatively obvious to you that I'm considering an undergraduate major in business. Without any financial aid, Georgetown is (rounded sums) $58000, NYU $60000, and Rutgers...I'm not sure, but I got a full ride. In the field of business, Stern is one of the best schools there is, and will provide me with access to great internships and career opportunities. However, I think I'd have a better time at Georgetown, which seemed more laid back when I visited this weekend - and I loved Washington D.C. As for Rutgers, while I recognize that McDonough might not advance me as far as Stern (and who knows, it might even be better...must do a little more research), the gap between McDonough and Stern is much less significant than that between Rutgers and Stern. On the other hand, while McDonough and Stern are of comparable prices, Rutgers is significantly less, or non-existent.


At the moment, I'm favoring Georgetown, for the reasons I mentioned in my previous entry, but who knows, that might change. Before making any decision, I'll have to visit Stern, see where else I get in, and have a serious discussion about how I'm going to finance college with my parents. I did receive a scholarship from all my colleges so far, but even then, they're still very heavy financial burdens, and I may very well choose Rutgers in the end.


I'm pretty sure I didn't answer your question, but I hope that at the very least, you now know that someone else is in a similar predicament. I'm curious though, what decision did you come to? Whatever the case may be, I wish you the best of luck!


  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP