Powered by Blogger.

Danny Miller wins two awards for gay teen role on Emmerdale


Actor Danny Miller has won two awards at last night's TV Choice Awards for his portrayal of a teenager struggling to come to terms with his homosexuality on top British soap opera Emmerdale.

After he was snubbed at the National Soap Awards, Danny Miller won best soap actor for his portrayal of Adam Thomas. The soap opera also collected best storyline on the impact of Miller's character's sexual confusion and eventual coming out.

Speaking to Attitude magazine recently, Miller said: “I now know what it feels like to be gay, almost, because I've had things like 'you poof!' shouted at me and it's like, 'Hold on a minute, if I really was gay, how dare you? Why would you make a comment like that? What has my sexuality got anything to do with you?' I've had these things and it's has put me in a homosexual's point of view and the kind of abuse that you have to put up with.”

Earlier this year, Miller told This Morning: "You do often have people say things on the street and writing to you that are quite negative. It is upsetting."

But he added: "On the positive side, I had a couple of [letters] last week saying, 'I just feel like I'm watching myself on TV – this is the exact journey I've been through'.

"It's nice when they're giving you praise and saying, 'You're playing it well and it's exactly how I was when I was coming out'. It's a great feeling."

Emmerdale has had several gay characters before, such as Grayson Sinclair (Christopher Villiers) and Jonny Foster (Richard
Grieve).

In 2008, Grieve's character entered into a civil partnership with Paul Lambert, played by Matthew Bose.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP