Powered by Blogger.

Beyond Vietnam -- A Time to Break Silence


Delivered 4 April 1967, at a meeting of Clergy and Laity Concerned at Riverside Church in New York City

[AUTHENTICITY CERTIFIED: Text version below transcribed directly from audio.]

Mr. Chairman, ladies and gentlemen:

I need not pause to say how very delighted I am to be here tonight, and how very delighted I am to see you expressing your concern about the issues that will be discussed tonight by turning out in such large numbers. I also want to say that I consider it a great honor to share this program with Dr. Bennett, Dr. Commager, and Rabbi Heschel, and some of the distinguished leaders and personalities of our nation. And of course it’s always good to come back to Riverside Church. Over the last eight years, I have had the privilege of preaching here almost every year in that period, and it is always a rich and rewarding experience to come to this great church and this great pulpit.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP