Powered by Blogger.

A great discovery

Hello,

The other day I was so excited when I stumbled on this fabulous website!
This Japanese label called 'Toga' by the designer Yasuko Furuta is just too fabulous for words...

Graduate of Esmod Paris, Yasuko Furuta is a self-taught designer, who made a name for herself in Japan, where she worked as a freelance costume and fashion stylist.

Her first collection, presented in a showroom in 1997, caught the attention of many buyers and journalists. She held her first fashion show in 2001 during the Tokyo Fashion Week.

If you love the work of Hannah Marshall and Alexander Wang (2 of my favourites designers right now, I mean, both of them had HOT collections which, I can only dream to own...) you are almost certainly going to like this label too. Immediately 2 will become 3... B-E-L-I-E-V-E me!

A collection rich in details and lovely fabrics such as brocade and chiffon with an impeccable tailoring. It really caught my eye. I love the asymmetry used in some patterns like that beautiful jacket/cape where one sleeve is shorter than other, also love the strong shoulders which has followed throughout the collection.
The usage of some fur is also present and I totally in love with the white shearling gilet!

I thought to buy 'Toga' you had to be in Japan... Well, aparently you can find the label on Dover Street Market, London.
HURRAY!!!





Visit website: www.toga.jp

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP