Powered by Blogger.

It's official (Click on pic to enlarge)


I've waited a bit to announce this on my blog.

Carl Phillips has selected my ms for the 2011 Yale Series of Younger Poets.

My book will be published in April 2012.

I really don't know what to say. I've dreamt of writing this post for years.

I'm still adjusting to the news. Crazy, no? I keep whispering to myself: Your poems have found a good home. Your poems have found a good home.

Thank you: Carl Phillips.

I know you want the details. The how, when and where. I'm finishing up an interview that will be published online that will reveal all the good stuff.

I'm the first Latino to win the Yale.

I can't wait to read Radial Symmetry by Katherine Larson. It comes out later this month. What a cover!

The press release hasn't been posted on the Yale website yet. The one above I found pinned to the MacDowell Colony bulletin board. I almost want to keep it. As a keepsake. As tangible evidence that I didn't dream all of this. That I really did win. That I'm really going to have a book out in the world.

Thank you.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP