Powered by Blogger.

bits

hi, phyllis!
*
i bought my plane ticket to nyc. will be spending four days in the ciy in late janurary. then i head off to dc for awp, then off to new hampshire to spend 8 weeks at the macdowell colony. eight weeks. goodness. that's a lot of time. i'm so grateful.
*
"...memory believes before knowing remembers. believes longer than recollects, longer than knowing even wonders."
*
who said that?
*
faulkner
*
you must forgive me: this blog has lately become macdowell colony central. i'm not bragging about my upcoming residency. i'm just beyond happy to be going back. i've spent the last year working as a cashier. yeah, that iowa mfa is really paying off! ha. anyways: i'm not complaining about my job. really. i could get a gig teaching 4 sections of composition a semester, but i decided long ago to put my writing first. i've spent years (repeat: YEARS) working on my first collection. granted: i've been lucky enough to get some amazing residencies and fellowships, but often i've had to get a so-so job in order to fully concentrate on my poems. once again: i'm not complaining. i know i made the right choice.
*
border songs.
border songs.
border singing.
*
This was my desk a year ago, when I spent a month at the MacDowell Colony...
*

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP